Based on industry-standard DJ mixer design, TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2’s DJ-friendly layout is ergonomic and intuitive for uninterrupted flow from the moment you get your hands on it. A spacious control surface with faders, 3-band EQ section and dedicated chunky filter knob per channel – each in exactly the right place – gives you maximum control. Additional TRAKTOR rotary encoders for Macro FX and Remix Decks are placed in the Kontrol Section alongside Flux Mode buttons for easy access, and multi-colored cue point trigger buttons allow you to jump through and re-edit your tracks in style.
A rock solid, aircraft-grade aluminium chassis takes build quality to a whole new level – even by TRAKTOR standards. Precision knobs, buttons, push encoders and Innofaders™ give you ultra-accurate control of your sets. The Z2’s premium, backlit buttons provide precise visual feedback in even the darkest clubs, and the built-in, powered USB hub adds connectivity for two add-on controllers such as TRAKTOR KONTROL F1 or X1, freeing up laptop ports.
TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2 is designed from the ground up for tight, club-ready sound. From low noise audio power supplies to premium 24-bit soundcard, Cirrus Logic converters, and pro XLR outputs, every component has been chosen so your sets hit with maximum impact.
Top view of TRAKTOR KONTROL Z2’s main three sections:
A. MIXER SECTION Instantly familiar layout and feel based on industry-standard design
B. EFFECTS SECTION Ingenious one-knob Macro FX for buildups, breakdowns, and an overall creativity boost
C. KONTROL SECTION TRAKTOR-specific cue point, Remix Deck™ and loop controls – the core of the 2+2 design
The package includes the full version of the TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2 digital vinyl system with Remix Deck™ technology. DJs worldwide rely on TRAKTOR. Beautiful TruWave colored waveforms let you spot kicks, hats and snares at a glance. Browse and prep your tracks quickly thanks to iTunes® integration, and use Crate Flick to easily select the next track by artwork. Auto track analysis plus BPM and beat detection give you the freedom to choose: Match beats manually, sync to tempo only, or use full-on beat and phase sync. Whatever your workflow, TRAKTOR is ready.
Spin your digital tracks as if they were pressed on vinyl with the included TRAKTOR SCRATCH timecode vinyl and CDs*. The super-tight, 2kHz control signal means TRAKTOR SCRATCH responds to every scratch with analog precision - even on tricky motor-offs or ultra-fast rubs that competing systems can’t handle with the same accuracy. Get hands-on-wax feel when beat-matching with TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2.
Brand-new Macro FX combine multiple TRAKTOR effects on a single knob. Now it’s easier than ever to build up, breakdown and destroy tracks with a single, intuitive action. Add 30+ club-proven effects from classic DJ effects to advanced beat manglers - you’re ready to take your sets to the next level! Flux Mode tracks the time while you’re juggling cue points or looping and lets you drop back in at exactly the right moment – a powerful weapon for all creative DJs. Intuitive loop and cue functions allow for perfect auto loops at the press of a button – and the immensely powerful Remix Decks make live remixing a breeze.
- “2+2″ workflow. Two “standard” decks controller by the two line channels you see on the pictures, plus two Remix Deck channels (which can also be used for cues and effects), controlled by two rotary knobs
- 24-bit sound card with professional XLR & booth outputs. No pro mixer worth its salt would not have booth and balanced outs, and the 24-bit sound card means the mixer should deliver pristine digital sound, as well as, to be clear, to allow you to use this as a Traktor Scratch mixer with no extra sound interface
- Powered USB hub. This means that Kontrol X1s, Kontrol F1s etc can be plugged in direct to the mixer, with just the one USB lead going from the mixer to your computer
- Hardware filters, innovative software effects. While the two channel filters are hardware (ie they’ll work even with analogue inputs), the effects are software – you need Traktor running to use them. NI has created “workflow-based” effect groupings, or “Macro FX”, designed to give you what are effectively “effects presets” for various DJing situations (breakdowns, buildups etc). This is certainly Pioneer-esque
- Multi-coloured LED pads. Those Rane-esque pads down the left and right are for direct mixer control of Remix Decks and cue points
- Slip mode. NI is calling it “Flux mode”, but it’s the same thing as the “slip” button found on Pioneer and Denon CDJs and on the new Pioneer DDJ-SX Serato DJ controller. You engage it, scratch, cue and loop away, and when you disengage it, the track returns to where it would have been had you just let it play
- Frequently used Traktor functions in the “master” section. Traktor file browse, sync and quantise are in front of your fingers
- Microphone channel. Essential on a pro/club installation mixer, although EQ is limited to a push-button tone control with two settings
Tight integration with CDJs. “HID technology delivers seamless integration with CDJs including enhanced visual and tactile control of key features”, says NI. Presumably this refers to track length, waveform and album art display on certain Pioneer CDJs with Traktor. But also it means you can use you CDJs as essentially Midi control decks for Traktor. We’re waiting for confirmation on exactly which models
Software compatibility and returns
It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure that any software purchased or supplied with a hardware product will run on their computer. DJBox.ie will not accept any software and/or related hardware returns as a result of compatibility issues. Please ensure you check the specifications of the software you are purchasing and check them against the specifications of your computer to ensure compatibility. DJBox.ie will not accept for return any software that has been registered with the software provider or it’s agents regardless of age.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.