The Roland SP-404MKII is a compact and portable sampling workstation aimed at hip hop, lo-fi, and electronic-music producers, beatmakers, and DJs looking for creative ways to perform and produce using samples and effects. It improves on the original SP-404 sampler design with a vivid OLED display for visual sample editing with the ability to tap out edit points in real time, 17 velocity-sensitive RGB pads that can be customized, new effects on top of classic SP effects, a resampling workflow for rerecording patterns with effects layers, a pattern sequencer to rapidly turn ideas into full performances, and a massive sample library with 2560 samples and patterns to inspire your music.
Performance-based beatmaking is quick with speedy boot time, swift project loading and sample import, and easy project access via 16GB of internal storage. The SP-404MKII gives you the flexibility to create patterns, each with unique feel and energy. There's adjustable input quantizing and shuffle for custom swing, Pad Link for firing off multiple samples with a single tap, a Roll button for variable note repeat, and BPM-per-bank for instant tempo changes. It's also possible to organize patterns for different sets and chain them together to automate playback.
Skip Back Sampling automatically captures up to 25 seconds of audio from your last performance to grab those golden moments, while DJ Mode turns the SP-404MKII into a 2-channel DJ mixer. There is also the ever popular DJFX Looper for sampling, skipping, and scratching beats.
The USB Type-C port enables you to capture audio from—or stream direct to—your mobile device or laptop for a seamless workflow. It also allows you to connect to the SP-404MKII app for detailed waveform editing and importing MIDI files. The dual headphone outputs and mic/guitar input make it easy to collaborate with a partner without needing a mixer.
Featuring a lightweight yet rugged design, the SP-404MKII lets you bang out beats and produce tracks anywhere with AA or USB power (or with the included AC adapter). Use custom faceplates to personalize your SP-404MKII with your own style or logo for a look that matches your vibe.
Guerilla Beatmaking Sampler with Soul
- Vivid OLED display for visual waveform editing, full menu access, and more.
- Fast workflow with quick startup and load times, 16GB internal storage, low-latency pads, and rapid sample editing.
- Extensive onboard effects, including SP classics like Vinyl Simulator and DJFX Looper, plus Lo-fi, Cassette Simulator, and Resonator effects, and dedicated Vocoder, Auto Pitch, and Guitar Amp Simulator effects for the mic/guitar input.
- Use Bus FX for layering multiple effects simultaneous and create intricate sound textures.
- 32-voice polyphony lets you stack pads on top of each other with no risk of cutting samples in and out.
- Blazing onboard sample editing by tapping out edit points in real time or by using auto-chop mode to slice samples automatically, auto BPM detect, envelope, pitch shift, and resampling for layering sounds and phrases.
- Pattern sequencer with the ability to create full songs with BPM per bank, ideal for running backing tracks or programming performances.
- Adjustable quantization and shuffle percentage across multiple note resolutions to customize swing.
- Chain patterns for automatic playback and use Pad Link to trigger up to four samples with a single press.
- Resampling workflow for rerecording with various effects for detailed sound design.
- Preloaded sound library with 144 high-quality, professionally recorded samples and patterns made for the modern producer.
- 160 samples per project, and 16 internal projects for expanded programming possibilities.
- Skip Back sampling automatically capture up to 25 seconds of your last audio.
- DJ Mode enables new approaches to live performance by manipulating and mixing two separate audio files.
- Audio capture and streaming supported with mobile devices and computers via USB Type-C port.
- Dual 1/4" and 3.5mm headphones outputs for collaboration.
- I/O includes 2 x 1/4" line in, 2 x 1/4" line out, 1/4" mic/guitar input, and 2 x 1/8" TRS MIDI in/out.
- Extensive customization options with removable metal faceplate, downloadable outline template, multiple screensavers, and personalized startup logos.
- The SP-404MKII App editor software for Mac and Windows provides direct sample access, detailed waveform editing, sample management, pad assignment, and import of MIDI files and legacy SP-404SX and SP-404A projects.
- Compact, ultralightweight design (2.4 lb) with versatile power options: USB mobile battery (via USB Type-C port), six AA batteries, or AC adapter.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.